Sunday, July 12, 2009

Time to Create


I got to create a bit yesterday in between running my kids around, during my wait for a ride to show up I considered what I could do to jazz this layout up and bring the viewers attention to the important piece of the layout. Perhaps glitter would be the ticket!

Now came the dilemma - I have no Stickles that match my project - so ok, I will just create my own! I've done this on several occasions and found the results are exactly what I wanted. How wonderful is it that I can create matching bling because, of course, Close To My Heart has nearly everything you could ever want in matching colors!!

Here's a quick tutorial on how to do this technique:







I got the bottles and teeny little spoons at Michaels - or any craft store. The stirring stick as you can see is a chop stick from Panda Express. They work great for stirring and are FREE with every meal!!

You want to make sure you let the page lay flay while it's drying or the liquid glass will run - unless, of course you want it to run....click here to see a layout I did and let it run - pretty cool effect!! While you're looking check out the "Magic in the Making" layout, I mixed the liquid glass with Smokey Plum ink and just a smidgen of glitter to get a different look all together!

I hope you have fun playing with this technique......until next week






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...