Thursday, March 17, 2011

Playing with Studio J

This week's creative challenge from Western Hearts (my Close To My Heart team) is to create a layout in Studio J.  I had been thinking about this layout for a very long time and thought it quite challenging to do on paper, so I thought it would be a good way to really test drive our digital program.  With a little bit of patience and alot of copy and paste I got the end result I was after.


To achieve the mosiac look I first opened my picture in my photo editing software and added a shadowed gridline to the entire thing.

Then, in Studio J I added multiple journaling boxes to my layout, colored the background black, dropped them where I wanted the picture to go away and sized them to fit the grid.

Next I added more journaling boxes, made them clear and inserted my journaling over the picture itself!

Finally I added the bling and voila...my finished layout.


This is only the left side of a two page layout that is available in the program.  I will go back and finish up the right side with more pictures of Audry or something entirely different......the beauty of digital scrapbooking!!

I hope I have inspired you to do your own playing now.....click on the link to the right to begin your creation.  It's loads of fun and you don't even waste any paper if you don't like what you've done.  Just delete the whole project and start again!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...