Monday, July 11, 2011

From our Hearts to Yours-Continued Inspirations

This week's challenge from Heart 2 Heart is to find a photo or object that inspires you and create from it. 

I have to admit, there are some days when I've just had such a hard day at work that I don't want to do anything but watch some mindless television.  For quite some time I've seen this Lending Tree commercial and thought the growing tree (I think it's a bean stalk) at the end was pretty cool looking and I should create something from it.  Was it coincidence that this week's challenge gave me that opportunity?
I think what caught my eye the most is the shape of the leaves and how they attached themselves to the stem.I liked the way the opposite corners were rounded and that every other one was a different direction.

Here is my finished creation.  What do you think, did I capture the essence of the commercial?
I choose the Bliss paper packet (X7132B) for the bulk of the layout.  I love the way the browns and grays meld together.  I added Twilight cardstock (X5666) as my base just to give it a bit of color.  Once again I was off to my stash for the bits and pieces.  The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby....go look in the sewing department for ribbon. This came from a grab bag that was crammed full and really cheap!!  The "3" is made from scraps of metal from Ten Second Studios run thru a cuttlebug embossing die and sanded.  Did you notice the eyelet around the journaling?  It's actually a piece of paper from the Bliss packet that I punched with a Fiskars border punch, then wadded up, inked and taped to the back of the circle.....stinkin' cool!!

Are you inspired yet?  I can't wait to see what you've created so be sure to share your finished piece with us at Heart 2 Heart.  

2 comments:

Haley D. said...

How clever! I think it's a great layout. I really like how the opposite corners are rounded too.

Jody Gustafson said...

wow! I really like how you used the placement of the green in the commercial ad on your page. Outstanding use of inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...