Monday, October 22, 2012

There's nothing like a good sketch....

to get your creative juices flowing...after 4 long weeks of crunching numbers and preparing tax returns I finally got some days off.  Unfortunately I found that my "creative juices" were stopped up and no ideas were flowing.  So since a little inspiration was in need, I visited one of my favorite sites and found this great sketch challenge on the Quick Quotes blog for October.
I was off and running at that point.  My Cracklin' Rose page kits had been patiently waiting in the box for me, so I pulled them out and and went to work.  I must admit, I struggled a bit at first, but it didn't take long to get back in the groove.....here's my finished rendition of the sketch.
I fussy cut a piece from on of the papers in the collection to make the border across the page first, then dug through the contents of my kits and pulled out several die cut elements included to use.  I just love the flowers in the windows and wanted to put that somewhere on a page.  The sketch was perfect for it.
By the way, if you love the Quick Quotes lines you should look into joining the Club Q program they have.  You get tons of stuff each month.  I dug through my bag of page kits I've received and pulled out the quote and title from previous month's kits.  You can check it out here.

I am happy to report that my creativity is back in full force now.   I'm gearing up for a layout class you won't want to miss. Check back here later in the week to see what I have created.

4 comments:

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Your layout is fabulous!! I just love the strip you fussy cut and your window accents. so glad you joined us at Quick Quotes for our latest challenge.

Barb Craft said...

WOW! Beautiful layout! I love how you took the sketch and made it your own! I am also loving that fussy cut border you created! Gorgeous! Thanks for taking on our sketch challenge this month at Quick Quotes!

barb :)

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

What a great take on the sketch Debi! I love how you used your Club Q for this and the banner is fantastic too!!!

Always a pleasure to see your work! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Quick Quotes!!!

Jan Hennings said...

What a beautiful layout and thanks for joining the Quick Quotes Challenge :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...