Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's all about Ribbon

Welcome to our Technique Blog hop for the month of January.  This month we are showing you alternate ways of using ribbon.  If you are coming from Kindred Hearts then you are on the right track.  If you get lost along the way or would like to refer back to a specific post you will find a list of all our designers at the end of my post.

I am a big scarf wearer and am always looking for a different way to style them.  So for my project I designed these fabulous brooches to pin on them.  They look very stunning but are quick to make with just a few supplies.

I started first with the Tulle Ribbon (Z1798).  I
really like the Tulle Ribbon from Close To My Heart since it is cut in a smaller width and is pretty stiff and folds nicely.

Next I tried one with the Slate Satin Polka Dot Ribbon (Z1802).  It was a little more difficult to work with because it slides and is harder to keep folded.




And then I thought - Let's put them together and see what we get!  I think I like this one the most, but really can't decide!





How about a little blog candy?  Post a comment and tell me which one is your favorite and you will be entered into a drawing to receive that brooch!  The winner will be announced on January 20.  Now continue on to Wendy's blog and see what she's created for you.

Supplies all Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted:

Tulle Ribbon Z1798
Slate Satin Polka Dot Ribbon Z1802
Autumn Lane Assortment Z1749
Slate Mini-Medley Accents Z1787
Rhinestone Designer Brads Z1360
Quilter's Pins
Stick Pins (Stampin' Up)

Here's a quick tutorial on how to create these great brooches



This month's designers:
debi - (you are here)
Wendy - http://MyScrapbookingBlog.com
Tabbi www.adhesiveaddict.com 

6 comments:

Joy said...

outstanding Debi!

Wembles said...

They are all so great, and a wonderful idea! I'd say the last one is my favorite because of its design it could be used as a brooch, bling to home decor or a clustering accessory on a layout.

Joy said...

So, if I leave 2 comments, do I get 2 chances? GREAT video!

Judy Faye Garner said...

What style, what a fashion statement.

Judy Faye Garner said...

Only if I do too.

Linda said...

I like the third one! I've made brooches from old sweaters, but not the nice ribbon....very cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...