Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January featured technique

Welcome to our new year of Technique hops.  We've got some great techniques lined up for you in 2014, so be sure to join us every month for great ideas for your paper crafting projects.

This month we are featuring projects made with any overlay cut from Close To My Heart's latest Cricut cartridge Artbooking. If you are coming from Terry's blog then you are on the right track.  We've got 11 designers sharing their projects with you this month, so if you get lost or would like to refer back to a specific blog a list of the designers and their blogs are at the end of my post.

I have been conjuring up this layout in my brain for quite some time.  I could hardly wait to get my cartridge and get to work.


When we first saw the cartridge images way back in July my mind was a whirl with ideas for using the overlays as stencils in addition to the overlay..... just imagine, you can cut your stencil in any size you want for your vision.
Here I chose the overlay from the Nursery Layout key cut at 6 inches for my stencil. I used plain white cardstock and am happy to report it is sturdy enough to save and use again!  Oh my gosh, think of the possibilities!


Now that you are truly inspired and can't wait to get your hands on this cartridge, you can get one by clicking here.  Once there if you think "Whoa debi that's a bit pricey for me", leave me a comment and I can share with you how to get it HALF PRICE!
Thanks for stopping by today, please continue on to Shirley's blog for more great inspiration ideas!
Oh and last but not least I am submitting my layout this month to the Heart to Heart Challenges Scrapbook challenge.  I was a bit stuck on title and journaling for this layout until I read their challenge...Sentimental January.  I dug through my stamps and found just the right one to use for this candid shot of my daughter as we were getting ready for her walk down the isle.  The sentiment is from Close To My Heart's Moments set (long since retired) and says "We do not remember days, we remember moments" which was perfect for this quick moment on her wedding day.

Today's card is brought to you by Close To My Heart products:
Artbooking Cricut Collection Cartridge - Z1906
Frosted Paper Packet - X7175B (retiring January 31, 2014)
Swirls Around Stamp set - D1551
Petal Cardstock and Ink
White Cardstock
Miscellaneous flowers and bling from left over wedding projects.

This month's designers:
3.  Sheila Bennett - http://sheila-bennett.blogspot.com
6. Judy Faye Garner - http://judyfaye.blogspot.com
7. Joy McHargue -  http://www.studiowowjoy.com
8. Wendy Kessler - http://MyScrapbookingBlog.com

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!!! Every time I try to do this technique mine just looks sloppy and ill placed. Yours is wonderful!

Unknown said...

love your layout. I love that pop of yellow it really makes your page stand out. Nice photo!!

Tina Campbell said...

Love your layout too :) I'm liking all of you using the cuts for stencils and will have to try this myself and soon. Yep got my cartridge for half off :)

Tina Campbell said...

Went through the whole list you all did a fantastic job, lots of inspiration to relish.

Wendy K. said...

Beautiful layout and great use of the overlay!

Sheila Bennett said...

Pretty page! Love your stenciling.

Joy said...

not enough purple in the papercrafting world these days, but you've added one stunning layout to the mix!

S`andra V. said...

Love the look of this layout. What a sentimental moment to remember and be focused on in this layout. Thank you for sharing with us at H2H Scrapbook challenges.
Sandra V.

Brandi said...

Great layout, I love how you used your overlay as a stencil. Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges!

LaJeania Hicks said...

Your layout is beautiful! What a great technique! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

Brandi said...

Very pretty, I love how you used the overlay as a stencil! Thanks for playing along at H2H Challenges!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...