Monday, August 18, 2014

Inspired by a book

This week over at Heart2Heart Challenges we are sharing projects inspired by a book.

My layout is about my family's love of reading.  When I was young we had no television (had one that got taken out by a lightning strike and my parents didn't replace it for years) so we did a lot of reading.  Then when all the kids were young Grandma read to them constantly.  I had the photo of Grandma reading to the girls already, so I waited for my chance to catch my oldest daughter and my dad reading to snap more pictures for my layout - a true scrapbooker, don't you think?

The layout is made from some very very retired Close To My Heart paper that was one of my favorites.  The flowers are made from crepe paper circles stretched to give the petals depth.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to share your book inspired projects with us here.

debi

3 comments:

Greetings from Gail said...

Debi, I love the layout. Great way to showcase all books - not just one title. Nice to see the different ways the H2H challenge is interpreted.

Brandi said...

Beautiful layout, I really love the colours and the story that goes with your layout, great memories.

Katy said...

This was one of my favorite promotional paper packets from CTMH!! Love the story...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...