Sunday, August 3, 2014

Inspired by....

This month at Heart To Heart Challenges we are focusing on "Inspired By" challenges.  First up is our month long scrapbook challenge - Inspired by Nature.
I thought about this layout for quite some time before I actually created it. I was laying in bed one night listening to the rain and tons of memories flooded my mind.  That's when I decided I really should make a layout about that experience.  The first challenge was to catch another day that it was raining so I could take the photo of my back patio through the window.....rain days can be few and far between here.
I dug through the scrap drawer for the bits of patterned paper on the layout.  These were from a very long since retired CTMH paper packet for winter - but they fit the layout perfectly.  The drizzled water effect at the top was created with a bit of Liquid Glass.  You can't tell really from the photo, but the entire outer edge of the base page is distressed with grey wool ink - because I distress almost everything!!!

Hope you are inspired to share your Inspired by Nature (with a bit of distressing) project now with us.  You have all month long to create and share!

Thanks for stopping by.

debi

5 comments:

Melissa Robinson said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the rain and truly think I could handle it EVERY DAY so it really speaks to me beyond to beauty! LOVE IT!

Marianne said...

This absolutely fantastic! I'd call this scrapbooking on a new dimension! Way deeper than anything I've ever scrapbooked. Love it!

Lauren said...

Oh this is so stunning, and visually appealing as well as really emotionally charged. Great work on this layout! Thanks for playing with H2H Challenges this month.

ScrappyHorses said...

I LOVE your use of Liquid Glass! This is a great piece of art!

Brandi said...

Great layout, your picture is stunning and the use of Liquid Glass...awesome! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...