Sunday, August 14, 2011

Glossy Dimensions

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 13 of us highlighting the "Glossy Dimensions" Technique as shown on page 23 in the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  Below you will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way.  Let’s get started!

If you are coming from Becca'sBlog, you are on the right track! 


 I have to admit, this technique was a bit difficult for me to adapt to another project.  I love the way our ideabook demonstrates changing the dimensional alphabet into glossy letters, but was perplexed when trying to create something else using the technique.....probably because I don't use shiny things much and my brain just couldn't grasp the idea.

Finally I decided to add some dimensional berries to the wreath featured on my card.  This fabulous stamp set is Remarkable Wreath C1473 on page 88 of the ideabook.  It's too stinkin' cute and can be used for lots of projects and seasons.





I added 4 - 5 drops of Cranberry reinker to some liquid glass in an empty craft jar then used a embossing tool to apply it to my image.  This worked quite well for dots, however I would suggest mixing the liquid glass and reinker in an empty squeeze bottle (ie. reinker bottle, clean glitter bottle) for larger projects as it would take a really long time to do large projects with an embossing tool.

The card itself is made with pieces from the Typeset Level 2 paper packet (X7139B)....can you find the cute little zip strip on the card?  Love that new concept!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Cherri's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

Here is the list of this month's participants.  Be sure to visit them all to get some really great ideas!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...