Monday, October 17, 2011

It's all in the Numbers

I would like to preface my post this week with a little story.  As many of you know I am a tax accountant at a very busy Public Accounting office.  We lost several of our long-time employees this summer and it reeked havoc on my free time!!  Today is FINALLY the last day of the 2010 tax filing season - and am I ever ready for it to be over!! 12-14 hour days have left me totally exhausted and extremely uncreative!!  My house looks like a storm struck it, I have 5000+ unread emails in my inbox and my craft studio has sent out an AWOL notice!!
Thank goodness I was creative once, so for today's challenge I searched through my albums and found this layout to share with you.

As you can see, this layout represented my goals in 2008 (I don't make New Year resolutions...just set new goals).  The paper is from a retired collection that was one of my very favorites that CTMH offered, when looking thru my albums I found more than one layout created with it.  The numbers and bling are created with silver embossing powder.  Although I used the concept for new goals, I believe you could tell many stories in your layouts with this idea!  I am happy to report I accomplished all but one of my goals that year - I STILL have not won the Lotto-but I keep trying!

Be sure to check out what our guest designer has offered up for this week challenge and share with us your number creations at Heart 2 Heart!

PS - If you get an AWOL notice from my studio, please tell it I will be back before the week is out!!

1 comment:

Creatique Candy said...

It's always fun to go back and see pages that you created. Nice goals to set and I'm happy for you to achieve them...of course if you were in ID your odds of winning the lotto I heard in the news last week are higher, not sure why...but I'm pullin for ya. As for an AWOL message...I will ve sure to let your studio know :) HUGS & TY for sharing one of your sweet treasures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...