Monday, October 10, 2011

Thru the Rain - A layout with a story

This week we're telling a story at Heart 2 Heart in our layouts.  I picked this layout because there is a story behind the story.
I was actually laying in bed one night listening to the rainfall and began to think about all the times I had planned an event and it inevitably rained before, during and after the event.  That thinking led to thinking of how I should capture the rain stories in a layout.....I decided to just give a hint of story, then anyone who knows me will begin to reminise about one time or the other that they were with me in one of these rain events, which will lead to lots of memories and great conversation and laughter around them.  I did eventually get some sleep that night, and of course, being in North Texas where rain isn't in abundance I had to wait for just the right rain storm to capture the picture....but it all finally worked out and this is my end result.

The paper is from a retired winter collection from several years ago.  The pattern piece on the side is really bare trees, but I thought it looked quite like lightning when turned upside down.  Our liquid glass was used to create the dribbling rain at the top....very carefully!!

What story will you share with us?  Post your creations for us to see on the Heart 2 Heart challenge blog.

2 comments:

Haley D. said...

Your layout and story are so reflective. Thanks for sharing it with us! I love the liquid glass rain technique across the top!

Lisa said...

Very cool idea for a layout and story... and liquid glass is the one tool in my case that is used on almost every piece I make. Love using it on water pages. Really nice...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...