Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Technique of the Month

Welcome to this month's technique blog hop.  This month we are featuring the Ghosting Technique shown on page 45 of the Autumn/Winter Ideabook.  This month we have 12 consultant's participating in our hop.  The hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork using this technique.  You will find a complete list of all the participants at the bottom of my post....just in case you get lost along the way or would like to refer back to one post.  Be sure to leave a comment on the posts-these ladies love feedback!!

Now...let's get started.  If you are coming from Sheila's blog you are on the right track!  When you hear the word "Ghosting" you might automatically think of spooky, scarey Halloween type projects, but this technique can be incorporated into any creation.

Here, I chose to use a winter theme, using a sponge dauber to create the swirls of sky and clouds for my winter scene.  I've had the Captured Moments (C1423) stamp set for quite some time, but have not used it.....how funny that now I have found 2 projects in a row to showcase it on!!  Wonderland Level 11 (X7146B) is the background paper I used...the scallops are the zip strip from one piece that I cut along the scallop line after adhering it to my card front.....I absolutely love that little strip, it adds so much versatility to the paper packet and my projects when I'm looking for that small piece of "something" to jazz up my design!

Now, please continue on to Shirley's blog where you will find some more great artwork. Thanks for stopping by....happy hopping!!

This month's hoppers:

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...