Monday, November 21, 2011

Timeless

It's time for another H2H challenge.  This week we are challenged to create something with time as a theme.  I was very excited to see this week's challenge because I purchased two (well, really three) products some time ago and was waiting for the right time to use them....We'll start with the finished project.  The photo is a recently discovered picture of my great-great-great grandparents and their family.  Although it is a simple family portrait, it speaks so much to me of their life and times.

The base page of this layout is from our Mischief Level 2 paper packet (X7144B). With it's vintage flair it worked perfectly for the layout.  I love how this paper packet is so versatile..not just for Halloween type layouts.  The frame is cut from another piece of the same paper packet and is actually two borders from our Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  I used our Old World Alphabet (E1017) stamped on vellum to create the large clock. The picture really doesn't do this part of the layout justice.

Now for the 3 products I been itching to use. The first are these fantastic butterflies from the Just Blooms Paper Shapes assortment (Z1463).  Are they not too cool.  The script on them is so vintagey and since they are paper, you can ink them any color you desire.....if I'm not careful now, I will end up with these little butterflies on every project I do....

The last two products are used on the watch.  One of the first stamp sets I got from our Autumn/Winter Ideabook is Key Moments (B1392) which is what the watch is created from...the keys, and watch are right up my alley...stinkin' cool.  I created the watch face by stamping the image in Stazon onto this plastic material by Ranger, then using a heat gun I shaped it around a light bulb to create the dome.  This stuff is so cool...it's similar to the old shrinky dinks, but if you don't like the way it turns out, just heat it again and it flattens out to its original shape.....love it.  Here's a little hint.....I wanted an antique gold finish for my watch so I mixed equal parts of gold and cocoa embossing powder in a craft jar then poured it over my stamped image to get the color.....worked great.
Well, I've been quite long winded today, but hope I've inspired you to create your own project.....be sure to share your "time piece" with us at Heart 2 Heart!

4 comments:

Polly said...

I love, love, love this layout! I just recently decided to get the Mischief paper, now I'm really anxious to use it and try your techniques. I love vintage too.

The Paper Princess. . . Michelle Auten said...

Debi, what a cool technique on the watch! I'll have to be on the lookout for that fun product. :-)

Pamela OConnor said...

Debi, I love your layout and it's so cool that you were able to use such an amazing photography that is 'timeless'. =)

Haley D. said...

Your layout is right up my alley too! I love all the details you've incorporated. Thanks for sharing how you made all the different elements too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...