Monday, December 5, 2011

Inspired by......

Each year for the last 20+ years I create a Christmas tree ornament for my kids, nieces and nephews.  After so many years it is a challenge coming up with something different and this year was no exception.  I knew that I wanted to use a embroidery hoop and paper, but that was it......then along comes our challenge photo this week and my creative juices went wild!

The first thing that caught my eye was the bright colored ribbon and balls going up the right side of the wreath.  But since balls are a bit hard to recreate with paper, I chose poinsettias for my ornament (cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, of course).  The big letter on the left was perfect since I always try to get either the name or initial on each years ornament.  The interior portion of the ornament is adapted from a circle card design in our Wishes card book. Santa and the sentiment are stamped with I Believe (C1427). Now, I just have to make 11 more of these before Christmas Eve!
There are so many elements in our photo this week to be inspired by....I can't wait to see which caught your eye.  Be sure to share your creation with us at Heart to Heart!

1 comment:

Haley D. said...

Very cool ornament (& great interpretation of the photo)! Good luck with the other 11!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...