Monday, November 28, 2011

Sketch Monday

After spending all last night and today at the hospital sitting with my sister I have some time to get my post up for this week...so sorry for the delay!!
This week we have a new sketch challenge for you

.And here is my rendition of the sketch
I'm constantly looking for quick gift ideas this time of the year and this sketch worked out great for a perpetual calendar.  I rotated the sketch so the circle was in the top left hand corner and added the ribbon in the middle instead of paper....but basically the finished product is pretty true to form.  If you look closely at the top piece of bamboo cardstock you can see I did some random stamping with the November Stamp of the Month to create my patterned paper....love, love, love this stamp set.  You still have a few days to order it...click here for more ordering info.  The calendar grid is cut via the Art Philosphy Cricut cartridge as well as the photo corners and month tags...I find myself turning to that cartridge on a regular basis!! I used miscellaneous scraps from the Mischief and Winter Wonderland Paper packets for the rest of the design and some bling, ribbon and lace from my stash.....
I'm looking forward to seeing your interpretation of our sketch this week....be sure to share your finished project with us at Heart 2 Heart.

2 comments:

Haley D. said...

Love your take on this sketch and the calendar idea!

Teri Baxter said...

Debi, I love your calendar. I would have never thought to use what looks like printed paper from a book? as a background - inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...