Sunday, January 15, 2012

Make your own Argyle

....or any other design.  This month we are sharing our last technique from the 2011 Autumn/Winter Ideabook.  Featured on page 91 of the Ideabook, this technique is a great way to create your own patterned paper when you just can't find the right preprinted design for your project.  This month there are 13 of consultants sharing their projects with you.  Our hop is one great big circle, so be sure to see all 13 projects.  If you get lost along the way, or want to refer back to a particular project you can find a list of all the blogs at the end of my post.  If you are coming from Michelle's blog you are on the right track!

For my project I chose the letter "X" from our Bohemian alphabet. Stacking the X's on top of each other took some practice, so I would suggest you play a little on a scrap paper before stamping on your final project.  I found using a ruler as a guide for my block on the first row to be very helpful. (I rested the bottom of the block on the top edge of the ruler).  I finished my Argyle pattern by coloring in the diamonds with the paint-tip end of my markers.
Ingredients for my card:
  • E1019 - Bohemian Alphabet
  • D1421 - Cherish the Moment Stamp Set
  • Z1686 - Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
  • Z1464 - Milestone Shapes
  • Z1387 - Wooden Designer Buttons
  • Z1612 - Pin Clips
  • Pacifica Ink, Pear & Sky Markers
  • Brown Rickrack (from my stash)
 I hope I've inspired you to give this technique a try.  Now hop on over to Wendy's blog to see what great ideas she has in store for you.
Sharing ideas with you this month:

6 comments:

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Debi, never thought about using a letter -- too cool

Wembles said...

I like how the X worked for the pattern,not close up it looks like an intricate paper folding evolution.

Wendy K. said...

The Bohemian X made a great pattern!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! You never would have guessed it was an "X". I love how the flowers accent it too.

Judy Faye Garner said...

Great colors & love a layer look

Tonya W said...

WOW!!! This is so creative - I love it --- I will be lofting this one for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...