Friday, June 15, 2012

Color-Ready Wooden Shapes

Welcome to this month's Technique Blog Hop.  This month we are featuring the Color-Ready Wooden Shapes and creating pearlescent embellishments as featured on page 39 of the Spring-Summer Idea book.  If you are coming from Joy's blog, then you are on the right track.

My project for today started out as an experiment.  I set out to discover if our fabulous wooden shapes were soft enough to take an embossed shape.  Imagine my excitement when; after running one through an embossing folder and the big shot, it came out wonderfully embossed!

My first attempt was the flower in the upper left hand corner.  It was sent through the embossing folder "naked", then inked with blue.  To distort the color a bit, I painted over the entire shape with our Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint before the ink had time to dry....great technique..almost gives it a metal appearance I think.  The bird in the lower right corner was my next experiment.  I inked the wooden shape before embossing it, then sanded it a bit to reveal the embossing.....a whole other look.  Now that I had these two great shapes I needed a place to display them....by inking, painting and playing with more shapes I ultimately ended up with today's project.

I hope I have inspired you to try out this technique out on your own projects. Now continue on to Tabbi's blog where you will find more great ideas.  If you get lost along the way, or would like to refer to a specific blog come on back here.  You will find a list of our creative team at the end.
The supplies I used for my project:

Z1718 - Color-Ready Garden Wooden Shapes
Z1039-Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint
Z1708-Sparkle Flourishes
Salad Plate-Target
Vellum Quote-Quick Quotes
Misc buttons, brads and ink
You can find these products and more here

June's creative team:

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering if they could be embossed, too!!! I'm so glad you tried it. :o) You are an amazing artist! Just to let you know.

Unknown said...

I never thought of embossing! What a fantastic idea and another way to use such a fabulous project.

Wembles said...

I love it, while I had pondered embossing I was thinking with embossing powder not a big shot. Your project looks beautiful!

Joy said...

Thanks for being so adventurous with your projects and techniques, Debi. you are very inspiring!

greyhoundmamax3 said...

Great 'experiment'! I will be trying this now!

Unknown said...

awesome, I'll have to try this.

Unknown said...

Embossin them was a great idea! I would never have thought of that. Thanks Debi :)

Judy Faye Garner said...

so pretty and what great ideas. not sure which one I will try first and the plate from Target.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...