Monday, December 3, 2012

Peeled paint - a tutorial

I saw a layout recently and I really liked the background paper on it. Unfortunately, it was orange and didn't go with my theme what-so-ever, so I created a piece for my layout using this really cool peeled paint technique.


This is the inspiration layout for my piece.  I truly can't remember where I lifted this layout from - I thought it was Bo Bunny's blog, but I can't seem to find it again....so if you happen to know who the creator is, please leave me a comment so I can give credit where it is due!
Here is a quick little tutorial that will show you how I do this technique!  A couple of tips...you will need to mat all your photos that go on top of the paint and you have to use some sort of liquid adhesive to adhere everything down....for some reason no matter how much you wipe the paper, tombow - or any other tape just doesn't want to stick!


Items used in today's post:
Layout:
Pattern paper - Quick Quotes - Very Merry, Just Jackson
Cardstock - Close To My Heart
Paint - Making Memories

Card:
Pattern paper and Cardstock - Close To My Heart
Bling - Queen & Co
Paint - Making Memories

1 comment:

Judy Faye Garner said...

What a neat technique and you did a great job teaching. This is something I will be trying.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...