Saturday, December 15, 2012

Stitching

Welcome to December's Technique blog hop.  This month we are featuring Stitching as shown on page 28 of the Autumn/Winter Close To My Heart Ideabook.  If you are coming from Kindred Heart's  blog, then you are on the right track!

I have to admit it - I hate hand stitching.  I sew for myself and my kids, but either find a way to machine stitch everything or make my children do the hand stitching part of the piece, so this technique was a test for me.  After a bit of thinking I came up with the perfect solution!


Instead of struggling over the chore of hand stitching I logged in to my Studio J account and created this fabulous layout - complete with stitching!  It's so cool, the star shape is predefined in the program, all I had to do was choose my thread color, enlarge the image and rotate it a bit until it fit just where I wanted it on my layout.  I also added several spots of zig zag stitching on the photos, which is just a simple.  I created the zig zag the first time then just copied and pasted it onto the other spots on the layout - so much easier than dragging out the thread and needle!  I choose to use the Dakota paper packet for my design as it went perfectly with the theme of our team meeting this year at the convention, but there are tons of other paper packets, color combos and layout designs to chose from.  Click here if you'd like to give this program a try.  It is completely free to play with and you only pay for what you want to purchase, so go ahead, have some fun!
Now hop on over to Joy's blog and see what she has stitched up for you!  If you get lost along the way or would like to refer back to a specific blog, you will find a complete list of this months hoppers below!

Debi Barber - http://debiistheothersister.blogspot.com/ 
Joy McHargue - http://studiowowjoy.com/
Rachel Ventura - www.happyscrappinsquad.com
Judy Faye Garner - http://judyfaye.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like the star stitching that is rotated from the cricut shape. Awesome. I'm lifting that one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...