Saturday, February 2, 2013

Themed Events - Invitations

Today I'd like to share with you this invitation and save the date card for an upcoming themed event.

When hosting a themed event, I like to give the guests a little hint of the theme with the design of the cards they receive.  This is a very special event at our house.


The save the date card is a simple white note card printed from word.  I made the fairy on the front by punching a heart shape from velum, then cut it in half and added a large blue rhinestone.  I outlined the wings with a metalic pin on the card so they show up better.


The inside of the bifold card reveals the invitation to my daughter's wedding.  I cut the scroll on the Cricut that I used the Cricut Craft Room program to get the size I needed for my invitation.  The poles holding the scroll are scraps of chocolate cardstock that have been stamped with a tone on tone technique then inserted in the opening. The band holding the card shut is cut from scraps of cardstock. I printed the  invitation here on velum, but I might try printing on the actual cut out for the rest of them. I've got about 75 of these to make, so the easier I can make it the better!

By the way, can you guess the theme of the wedding?  There will be some guests who will have no idea what it is, but those who know Jess and Del well will know as soon as they open the envelope!

Are you inspired to create your own themed invitations?  Be sure to share it with us for our February challenge at Card A Day Blog

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is absolutely gorgeous! Love the scroll idea for the invitation Save the date is a good idea too and easy enough to whip up to get out in a hurry. Thanks for sharing it with us

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...