Monday, July 1, 2013

Sketches with Color - Happy Birthday

Here we are in July and time for another Sketches With Color Challenge.

Let me tell you - this one was a REAL challenge for me!  The sketch is great, but the colors - well, I just don't use pastels, yellows or really bright colors - what a pickle I was in.  I certainly had to step out of my comfort zone on this one!


Being out of my zone, I decided to start small and for some reason this sang Birthday Card to me.  So adapting the sketch I created this card.

Admitedly, this card does not look finished to me - there is no inking of the edges or distressing of the paper....I could stare at it for hours and still not think it is done!  But done it is, so I submit it for your viewing pleasure.

Don't forget to share your creations of this great combination with us at Sketches With Color.

Todays card is brought to you by:
Pattern Paper - Fancy Pants Designs, Quick Quotes
Cardstock - Close To My Heart
Ribbon  - from the scrap ribbon jar

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch! I think the card looks fantastic. I may have to try something similar for an upcoming birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...