Saturday, June 15, 2013

Faux Bleaching

Welcome to June's technique blog hop.  This month we are featuring resist techniques.  There are loads of resist techniques available for your stamping pleasure, I would like to share one with you that has been around for some time, but thought you might want a refresher course!  If you are coming from Melinda's blog, then you are on the right track.  If you get lost along the way, check back here at the bottom of my post is a list of all our designers this month.

I love the look of the white flowers standing out from the crowd.  I could have finished this card up with a stamping of the flowers in white pigment ink, but it sometimes blends with the background colors and I wanted a crisp white image, so that is where the faux bleaching technique comes into the picture.  This is quite easy to do and the end results are stunning.  For those of you who might be new to this technique, check out my little video below for step by step instructions on how to do this technique.  If you are thinking - been there-done that, please continue on now to Shirley's blog and see what she has created for you!

All products for today's project are brought to you by Close To My Heart.

My how to video:

June designers:
debi (you are here)
Shirley -  http://www.momnmescrap.blogspot.com/
Joy - www.studiowowjoy.com
Penny -  www.itmakestotalcents.blogspot.com
Melinda - www.ifyoublingit.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Melinda Everitt said...

What a cool technique! Thanks for posting the video. I love your card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...