Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Creative Side - Quilling

This month my up-up-upline of the Close To My Heart Team - Creative Hearts has challenged us to show our Spring Creative side.  Spring is rather difficult for me to do as pastels and bright colors freeze my brain.....not an ounce of creativity comes out of it....ugh!  I have been wanting to learn to do quilling for quite some time and since flowers seemed like an easy thing to start with and they are very springy, I decided to give it a whirl and meet her challenge.  I was fortunate to be at a retreat recently that another lady gave us a demo on the basics of quilling, so I was pumped to try it out!
Four and a half - almost five hours later here is my finished piece.

Things that I learned in the process:
  • This takes tons of patience!  Maybe I should wait to try it again until AFTER tax season.
  • White core cardstock is perhaps not the best paper to use!  The white core was blaring at me from the cut edges, so I very patiently (or maybe impatiently) used my coordinating markers to color the edges.
  • A good, fast drying glue is a must.
  • Shorter fingernails are in order.
  • I'm going to have to practice this a bunch more before attempting the two projects I want to do with this technique - which are the reason I wanted to learn in the first place.
I think I will save this card, stamp some nice sentiment inside of it and give it to my mom for Mother's Day.

Any suggestions you might have on how to make this easier/faster would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, Debi. I really like the quilling. It turned out fabulous. And it would be great for Mother's Day. Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...