Monday, May 19, 2014

Father's Day

Today I'm sharing with you a Father's day card made for Card A Day blog.  
I started my card from this inspiration I got on Pinterest.  

I was inspired by the 3 banners in the center and thought it would be cute to use ties instead of banners.  The mat behind the ties is a technique I saw from Tim Holtz that I've been wanting to find something to use it on.....can you believe that is duck tape?  I put the tape on a scrap piece of cardstock, then ran it through an embossing folder with just a little bit of pressure so I just barely got the design.   The sentiment on my card is from one of the retired Hostess Rewards stamp sets in the Close To My Heart's Autumn Winter 2014 Ideabook  There's a whole slew of new Hostess Rewards sets in the current catalog.  Click here to check them out, then ask me how you can get your favorite.

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card Debi! I love that you used the ties instead of the pennants good idea :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...