Sunday, July 6, 2014

Red and White

I am so excited to share with everyone that I have been appointed to the Heart 2 Heart Challenge blog's design team for the rest of 2014!  It's always fun to share my creations with everyone and I'm looking forward to inspiring you with the challenges over the next 6 months!
The first challenge I'm sharing with you is our month long Scrapbook challenge.  Red and white daisy is the challenge.  This can be any scrapbooking item...layout, home decor, anything but there's a bit more....you must include some bling (sparkles, shimmer tape, rhinestones, etc) and sewing (real or faux) to your project.....you can add some blue (being July and our countries birthday) or any other neutral color.  Here's my inspiration to spark your creativity:
Several years ago the Close To My Heart convention was right here in Dallas...and of course our theme was cowboy.....we had so much fun at our team meeting taking everyone's photo with the oversized hat and mustache mask!!  Lots of sheriffs were in attendance that night!!  The patterned paper in my layout was retrieved from the scrap drawer and is from a long since retired packet.  Each star was stamped from yet another retired set then folded along the points and adhered to the page with a pop dot for a bit of depth.  For sparkle I added a single bitty sparkle in the middle of each star.  For the sewing requirement, I used some waxy flax to create the barbed wire border along the bottom by stitching it in place then tieing a tiny bit around it to create the barbs.
Now it's your turn!  Share your red and white creations with us here....be sure to tell us what products you used and any special techniques!  Can't wait to see what you create!!

debi

1 comment:

Morgan Vogt said...

Thank you for stopping by to check out my Red and White challenge! Your layout is gorgeous and I love that you went back to the Superhero paper pack - so much fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...