Monday, July 7, 2014

Up Up and Away!

Welcome to another week of new challenges at Heart 2 Heart Challenge blog!  This week's challenge is Up Up and Away!  Share with us any paper crafting item that features something up in the air.

My layout is created with the Balloon Ride paper packet in the current Close To My Heart ideabook.  This paper is one of my most favorite in the ideabook...sadly July is the final month you can order this so hop on over to my website and get some before it's too late!! (I will most certainly be ordering more before month's end).
I fussy cut the balloon images out of one piece of paper mounted them on thin chipboard then used a pop dot to add some depth to feature them on my layout.  The base is just a piece of cardboard I cut from a box then pulled the top layer off to get the core to show....here's a hint-spritzing the cardboard with a fine mist of water makes the tearing much easier and more distressy.  The swirls were cut from the Artiste cricut cartridge and then I added various sparkles and pearls to give my layout a shabby chic look.  The flowers came from the stash....lots of flower stash in my studio!!  This layout will find it's home in my office...I'll drop it in a shadow box for displaying but that will have to wait until next month (another new ideabook hint)
Thanks for stopping by today!

debi

4 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Loving this! This blue paper, as well as the pink script paper from Ivy Lane, is so beautiful for backgrounds!

Unknown said...

Absolutely love this & I think I can recreate now with your instructions. Great page!

Dawn - Decorating Days said...

Great job, I love all the different elements.

Morgan Vogt said...

Amazing layout - I love that you used cardboard for the base!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...