Monday, September 1, 2014

My Favorite

This week at Heart to Heart Challenges we are starting a whole new month of challenges.  Today we are showcasing our favorite color combos in connection with our monthly scrapbook challenge.

I didn't think I really had a "favorite" color combo, but in looking back at my creations over the last few weeks I discovered that black, white and light blue seems to be my go-to color combination now.  I really like how the 3 colors contrast each other!
My layout this week has just a bit of the color combinations, but just enough to give the piece some contrast.  I added in a bit of cranberry red for added interest.   Can you spot the staples on the layout?  They are plain silver, but with just a few strokes of my ShinHan marker, I changed them to a blue color to match the layout! (Color the staples before you put them in the stapler) You'll note the absence of photo's on my layout - I'm "pre-designing" layouts to use when our new addition arrives this month.  

This layout is inspired by a photo my cousin took of his baby daughter and my mother.  
My plan is to take a picture of Me, Jess and my mom all holding Nicole in this blue rocker after she arrives later this month.




I think I have used this paper packet as much as I can...well maybe I'll use it for accent pieces, but now it's time to go on to a new favorite combo. What is your favorite color combo?  Please share your creations with us at H2H challenges!

debi

Today's project is brought to you by:
Close To My Heart:
Snowhaven Paper Packet - X7188B
Artbooking Cricut Cartridge - Z1906
Handwritten Print Alphabet Stamp Set - E1030
Mini Stapler and staples - Z2027 & Z2097
ShinHan Markers - page180
Miscellaneous retired stamps
Order all these items here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...