Saturday, March 23, 2013

Welcome to my NEW Obsession

Hello everyone!  I was thrilled to see the theme this week at Card A Day blog is thinking of you, it gave me the perfect opportunity to play with our latest toys.....which has quickly become an obsession!  While at the Scrapbook Expo last month, we discovered a new brand of Alcohol Markers.

I've never played alot with Alcohol Markers - mostly because Copics are so expensive and other company's selections are a bit lacking - We discovered the Spectrum Noir markers and the really good price they are (ave. of $2.00 each) and went to town coloring!  I have to tell you, this is one of the most relaxing things I have done in a long time.  I could (and have) spend hours coloring on an image.  The sunflowers on my card took me about 3 hours to color.....perhaps I'm too picky about the finished image - or maybe I will get quicker with practice - either way I had so much fun doing these I really didn't want to stop.  I find myself looking at stamps in a whole new way now!

Stay tuned in later April (after tax season) we will be offering a series of classes for you to attend and join us creating with this fabulous medium!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are inspired to give this a try.

Today's card is brought to you by:
Stamped Image - Flourishes
Alcohol Markers - Spectrum Noir
Pattern Paper - Graphic 45
Cardstock - Close To My Heart

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card and the coloring is stunning! I'm just now getting into those markers too since they sell at Joanns in packs. TFS

Tawnya said...

Absolutely beautiful Debi :) you will have yo teach me how to do these!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...