Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Where I come from

I am thrilled to have been invited to be guest designer this month for Sketch with Color challenge blog.  A nice sketch is just what I need right now to get my creative juices flowing again.  It's so nice to have time to actually do something in my studio other than iron clothes!  The challenge of using a sketch and a specific color combination "stretches" the kinks out of my mind and is exhilarating!

Now, on to the first challenge.

Here is the layout sketch I had to work with.  The color combination is a choice of 3 of a set of 14 colors.  You can see the entire set of color choices here:








For my layout I choose Poppy Red, Sunflower and Dusk Blue.

The layout is created with a new line I have discovered from Farm House Paper Company.  I loved how the base page already had a bit of the sketch incorporated on the upper left side.  You can see the entire Market Place line by clicking here.  Not only is the paper stinking cool, but they have all kinds of bits and pieces to go along with the paper to spice up your projects.  This collection had the perfect color combination and was perfect for these pictures of the hardware store in the little town where I grew up that hasn't changed a bit since I left many years ago.

Thanks for stopping by...please share your creations using this challenge on the Sketch with Color blog!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...